4.21.13 minutes

Present (from memory):  David, Kye, Laura, Simon, Elizabeth, Brian, Ducan, Carl, and others (please edit by adding others)

Announcements: Kye submitted proposal to the town. Simon will folw up with Tad.

We discussred fence, hardware cloth (50 ft cost @ $3.00 so we could need around $30 to keep rodents away) To help Brian w stakes and fence call him at: 603 252-1288 Laura, Simon and David will work on that

LAURA WILL TALK TO A LUMBER YARD TO SEE IF THEY HAVE SCRAP WOOD FOR STAKES

Tree order- We decided to order estimating tree numbers. David will help with counting up numbers of confitrmd trees by Tuesday.  @ Wednesday Brian and Karen will figure out what to order

Transition Town account is where the money is deposited.  SUE WILL FORWARD MONEY INFO TO DAVID WHO WILL ENTER IT INTO DATA BANK

INFORM ALL OF US APPLE CORPS FOLKS OF ANY CHANGES IN TREE SPECIES AND WHICH SITES ARE CONFIRMED SINCE WE ARE MAKING OUR FIRST ORDER

KAREN WILL CHECK: Soil Pro Grow Cost per bag and how many bags needed

EACH COORDINATOR CALL THEIR SITE PEOPLE TO SEE WHAT THIR PLAN IS FOR PICKING UP THEIR TREES ON THE 18TH.   WILL THEY GET IT ANOTHER DAY?   WILL THEY PUT THE 4 FT TREE IN THEIR CAR OR GET A TRUCK FOR THE DAY.  It might help to go over with them that we plan to have fencing and cloth to wrap the bottom of th tree but if they could bring a bucket for soil ammendment and if they could use a staple gun to attach stakes to fence it would be great.  It would also help if you asked them if they have stakes (3or 4 per tree- this was not clarified) for their trees.  If coordinators could take notes on each site provider on these issues it will help us with planning.  If they are not coming to the workshops ask if they have experience planting fruit trees.

Featival- Schedule for the festival will be finalized 4/29.  Eliz will brainstorm kids activities and work with Kye and Brian on food.  We begtan to consider wht the festival committee will finalize for the workshops, for example, planting and watering in AM workshop and afternoon workshop on going care and pruning.  Laura will send update from Karen on status of workshop presenters. Food committee will meet arouind May 6th.

Announcement- Michael Phillips will do a workshop on fruit tree planting and care on 5/3 at EC Brown’s in Thetford

Volunteers- Hartford HS OK’ed kids getting community service credit and putting posters up at the school.  Karen is trying to meet with a teacher.  David could go to do a presentation to HHS students.

The poster has a list of possible volunteer activities.  Laura wioll send David e-mail communication from Co-op staff volunteer program.

Elizabeth asked if we wanted to make t-shirt.s Simon suggested we have some made.  Elizabeth will look for a price on shirts.

This entry was posted in Meeting Minutes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply